Friday, January 27, 2012

"Unmasked" poem by Abigail Alexis~

I thought you were a superman,
Who could see through mask and wall,
Someone to look up to,
A blessing to us all,

But your cape is kinda wrinkled,
And your suit has formed a tear,
Super powers have worn right off,
If ever they were there,

Now I see you, as you are,
A selfish , cowering fool,
Always doing as your told,
Yet thinking you're so cool,

You never stepping outside the box,
You're by others' chains,
Telling all that you're so smart,
Never using your own brains.

A cookie cutter copy,
Of what you're told to be,
Never helping those in need,
People who looked up, like me,

I thought you were a superman,
I wanted you to be,
But maybe when you let me down,
I found the superman in me.

4 comments:

Gargi said...

I absolutely love every poem you've written. Beautiful and heart warming. Thanks for making my Saturday :)

Gargi

Abigail Alexis~ said...

Sometimes when I post my work, I don't know if anyone will be able to relate, and find themselves in my poetry. This is the hope of every writer. For the audience to be able to see themselves in the words. I am so happy my poems touched you. Please keep reading and I will have reason to keep posting.

Abbey

Tiny Lost Worlds said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tiny Lost Worlds said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.