Wednesday, September 20, 2006

"That of Dreams" Poem by AB ~

I want to be a princess,
With gorgeous flowing hair,
Walk around my gardens,
With all my lady's fair,
I want to be a mermaid,
And swim around the sea,
Have all they pretty fish,
Adore and envy me,
I want to be a fairy,
Among the mushrooms sing,
Dance around the flowers,
And float on silver wings,
I want to be a robin,
And find the tallest tree,
There I'd sit for hours,
Were no one would find me,
I want to be a butterfly,
And visit every bloom,
Flowers, pollen, nectar,
My every taught consume,
I want to be a shinning star,
That hangs in heaven bright,
Glowing stronger, than the moon,
Each and every night,
I want to be a bubble,
The brine, oceans lace,
Floating were it takes me,
After waves, I'd chase,
I want to be a fuzzy seed,
That catches in the breeze,
Higher,higher,in the wind,
Over all the trees,
I want to be a snow flake,
Falling from the sky,
I'd find a rosy cheek to kiss,
And there I would fly,
I want to be a flame,
Dancing in the night,
Filling hearts, with desire,
Charming with my light,
I want to be a petal,
Plucked from a rose,
Touched to a lovers lips,
As loves proposed,
I want to be a babe again,
On my Fathers knee,
Listen to his heart beat,
As he comforts me.

3 comments:

Abigail Alexis~ said...

So the journey of the poem, was to pull you into a childish dream state, feel my desires, ending with the desire to be loved by my Father. I hope you enjoyed it.

Abbey

Anamika Anyone said...

This brings back so many childhood memories.

Anonymous said...

you write well.