Sunday, September 02, 2007

"Mermaid's Delight" Poem by AB~

Light is seeping in my windows,
Behind the blinds I hide away,
Though the sunlights gladly calling,
I won't go outside today,
My bodys weak, and I am shaky,
My face is flushed my cheeks all red,
Sleepless nights, alone awaking,
Today I'll rest and stay in bed.
But in my head my thoughts do wander,
Wander far beyond my doors,
To differant times, and differant places,
Differant lands, differant shores.
Salty air, my boat is sinking,
I'm sucked down, beyond the light,
Under waves I am falling,
Down were it is black as night,
Yet a shimmer,I grown closer,
What is it, and who are they,
Undersea, the sunlights breaking,
Now the waters bright as day,
Dasling fins, silver scales,
I look to see my legs no more,
Under water I am breathing,
Like I did upon the shore,
Wrapping 'round my face and breasts,
My hair tangles in seedweed,
Little fish around me flicker,
Showing off there grace and speed,
Tiny bubbles gentaly tickle,
Carress my arms as they rise,
Jelly fish float like bloosoms,
I cannot belive my eyes.
Like a fish I move my body,
Pushing towards the shining light,
Undersea a world is waking,
Breaking forth mermaid delight,
Now amoung them I am swiming,
Flowing hair,glistning tailes,
Singing sweety under water,
Sun reflecting off there scales,
Faster, faster they are swirling,
Around and round my dizzy head,
I awake and I am sitting,
All alone, and safe in bed.
Gone the mermen,
Gone the mermaid,
No more Jelly fish or reef,
Rescude from the chilly waters,
I breath a sigh of sweet relief.
I close my eyes and take a deep breath,
Back to sleep, I drift away,
Still I hear the mermaids singing,
Concshells calls, guide back my way.

4 comments:

Anamika Anyone said...

Hi Abbey!

I love swimming, mermaids and the sea. Your words made me long for a seaside holiday! How am I gonna explain that to my boss? :P

Abigail Alexis~ said...

He,he,he....don't just take an unexpected leave....he,he,he

shari said...

:) Written so vividly...I see your poem.

Abigail Alexis~ said...

Thanks Shari. It's really nice to see your comments. :)