Saturday, September 01, 2007

"Let Tears Fall Like Rain" Poem by AB~

I want to be a child,
To cry and not feel shame,
That I can't fix the sadness,
That I have come to claim,
Because youre not the reason,
I find it on my own,
And even when your with me,
I feel so all alone,
I know it's not your fault,
I hide myself away,
And even if you asked me why,
I know I couldn't say,
It's something deep inside me,
I'm broken clean in two,
The me that you see,
The me I hide from you,
Even when you think you know,
You really have no clue,
Smiles don't tell a thing,
It's a mask I wear for you,
I'm not a happy person,
For me to laughs a lie,
Because when I laugh,
I really want to cry,
I know it sounds so immiture,
So pittiful and lame,
And even as I cry,
I'm building up more shame,
Shame I can't release the pain,
Shame I can't break free,
That I am not in control,
My emotions have the best of me,
So let me have my blanket,
Let tears fall like rain,
Let me be alone,
Let me feel my pain.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is a beautiful poem. It's jsut by chance that I came upon it. But I'm so very glad that I have.

suji said...

a very good poem, AB...
u have definitely brought out the sadness well...
these were exactly the feeling i had yesterday and i happened to read ur poem today.... all of us, though we have our dear and near ones by the side always, sometimes we feel so lonely at heart, as if thrs really no one for us...
some accept, some deny... i accept.. :)
well done...

Anonymous said...

Wow. Just, utterly amazing work.
I found this completely randomly. I was looking up a quote, but came here by mistake- I found much more than i was originally seeking. This poem, the struggle and the introversion, I think, is striking because it is so profoundly...human.

Hide, by Joy Williams
February Song, by Josh Groban.

Thank you--DN

Anonymous said...

HI
AB : IT IS NICE AND HAPPENING POEMS ALL THE BEST

IT REQUEST YOU TO GO THROUGH MY BLOGS TOO...: WWW.POEMSMY.BLOGSPOT.COM