Sunday, August 19, 2007

"Lost" Poem By AB~

Sometimes darkness creeps into the day
And nothing I do
Seems to chase it away
And deep in my sorrow
I sink like a stone
To a deep distant place
Were I am alone
And although I can see it
I cant reach the light
And were ever I turn
All I feel is the night
In trenched in my sorrow
I fall further down
Spiraling deeper
Around and around
Until I hit bottom
And I wish I could die
Because life without love
Is truly a lie
And If someone loves me
I push them away
Because loving myself
Must come first,as they say
I need to believe
And trying so hard
But you can't love yourself
When you hate who you are
So I'm trying to change
And find the right me
Someone I love
The one I can be
In the dark I m lost
And I cant see the light
And I really don't know
If it daytime or night
But if there's a shimmer
I will rise on that day
And pray for the sun
To chase darkness away
And for that loved me
To stand in my shoes
And pull myself up
To the life I would choose
Were I could be happy
And never see hate
Because hating yourself
Is hideous fate
searching the darkness
I'm grasping for hope
For me to be strong
And throw me a rope
To pull myself up
To heal my sick mind
And until I do this
You must leave me behind
Because you too will fall
If you don't turn away
For the bags that I carry
Are my bills to pay
Your credit is good
But you cant win a fight
When my tears wet the wick
Of your candle at night

1 comment:

shari said...

Thinking of you.