Saturday, July 22, 2006

"Letting Joy In" Poem by AB ~

Sometimes I wonder why,

I was so blind,

Why I was so stupid,

Why I was so kind,

I didn't object,

When you tore me apart,

Destroyed my dreams,

Walked on my heart,

I stayed by your side,

So faithful and true,

But you didn't notice,

That I died for you,

How I crumbled slowly,

How I cried in my sleep,

All the days that I suffered,

All the tears that I reaped,

I don't know what changed me,

Why I had to part,

The pain from the beatings,

Or the pain in my heart,

But one day, I woke up,

And I was done,

And that day I left,

My new life begun,

You see, I am happy,

And I am alive,

Yes, life is a struggle,

But I will survive,

My past made me stronger,

And I grow stronger still,

The pain gave me drive,

My future, gives me will,

So don't think you broke me,

Because, I go on,

And don't think you stopped me,

Because you haven't won

Even though battered,

And told I must stay,

I followed my dreams,

And left you that day,

Now I am living,

For our children and I,

And one day, they'll thank me,

For not living your lie,

For not giving up,

And letting pain win,

For opening my heart,

And letting joy in

No comments: